1. Scope of Application and basic principles
Personal Information is information or an opinion, recorded in a material form or otherwise, whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Sensitive Personal Information includes health information and information about a person's race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal history, biometric information used for automated biometric verification or identification and biometric templates.
The Group will only collect Personal Information from you that is necessary for the Group to perform its functions and activities or if legally obliged to do so. We use personal information to provide insurance services, including policy processing, underwriting, payment of claims and other activities relating to our business.
2. Personal Information Collected, Held, Used and Disclosed
The Group collects personal information from you in a number of ways and depending on the services you require:
- information about the Services you require from us.
- The Group takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. These steps may include password protection for electronic files, securing paper files in locked cabinets and physical access restrictions. The Group may provide staff training in relation to the methods we use to protect your Personal Information.
- When your Personal Information is no longer required by the Group for the purpose for which the information was collected, the Group will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information by deleting electronic files or destroying paper records in a secure manner including shredding the paper record.
3. Guidelines for Personal Information
The Group will only collect information from you by lawful and fair means with your consent and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. While the Group will normally collect Personal Information directly from you, it may also collect your Personal Information indirectly through marketing agents or through a Related Body Corporate or subsidiary.
You may contact the Group anonymously, however if you do so and do not disclose Personal Information requested by the Group, it may not be able to provide you with all or part of the Services. The Group requires a duty of disclosure from clients to enable it to determine whether to insure a client or not. Without requested Personal Information, such a decision, advice or information may not be able to be provided.
We may send you direct marketing using your personal information advising you about our services. You can contact us to opt out of any direct marketing free of charge.
The Group does not generally collect Sensitive Personal Information. We will not collect Sensitive Personal Information about you without your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Furthermore, the Group will not adopt, use or disclose an identifier assigned to you by any other organisation (for example a tax file number or any other unique identifying number or sequence) except to the extent required or permitted by law.
If the Group receives unsolicited personal information and it determines it would not have collected such information if it solicited it, as soon as practical and if lawful, it will destroy the personal information.
4. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Group will not use or disclose your Personal Information except in accordance with this section. If the Group uses or discloses your Personal Information then, to the extent required by law, it will ensure that:
(a) you have consented to the use of your Personal Information. For example;
- Using cookies and third Party Advertising technologies to tailor advertising that we believe would be of interest to you;
- Enable and use website functionality; and
- Marketing activities if you opt in;
(b) the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
(c) the use or disclosure is otherwise required or permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
The Group may need to disclose your Personal Information to the following entities:
- a Related Body Corporate or subsidiary;
- its Employees, Agents and suppliers;
- its consultants and professional advisers;
- its insurance providers including, without limitation, Pacific International Insurance Pty Limited, its New Zealand office and its reinsurance counterparties;
- Government and law enforcement agencies;
- a potential acquirer of the Group or its issued shares or an investor of the Group; and
- debt collection services.
We may also use your Personal Information to send promotional material to enable us to manage your ongoing requirements and our relationship with you. This may include occasional notification of new services, special offers, events or articles on insurance matter we think will be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive such communication you can opt out via the contact options in section 8.
We currently use the following marketing and analytics features on our website:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Facebook pixel, and
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use these features to:
- Manage our relationship with you
- Identify and tell you about other products and services that we think may be of interest to you, and
- Administer our products and services.
Whilst we believe these features are beneficial to you when interacting with Rapid Solutions, you may wish to disable the Google features. You can do so via the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also collect, use and exchange information with third parties in line with this policy and as permitted by law, including third parties such as brokers, agents, insurance companies, reinsurance intermediaries and other companies who provide services for us in connection with our company operations.
5. Access and Correction of Personal Information
You may request access to your Personal Information at any time. Prior to giving you this information the Group will take steps necessary to determine your identity. The Group will provide you with access to your own Personal Information wherever possible and within a reasonable time, except to the extent that
(a) providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual;
(b) providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
(c) the request for the information is frivolous or vexatious;
(d) the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the Group and you and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
(e) providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way so as to prejudice those negotiations;
(f) providing access would be unlawful;
(g) denying access is required or authorised under law;
(h) providing access would be likely to prejudice:
(i) an investigation of possible unlawful activity or misconduct;
(j) the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of law involving a penalty or sanction or other prescribed law;
(k) one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body, performing lawful security activities in relation to the matter; and
(l) information generated by the Group in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process.
In circumstances where information is withheld in connection of a commercially sensitive matter, the Group may give you an explanation for the commercially sensitive decision rather than direct access to the information.
The Group will not charge you for providing access to your Personal Information if you wish to inspect a file. However if you want a photocopy of your Personal Information it may charge you reasonable photocopying charges.
If the Group does not provide you with access to your Personal Information because of any of the reasons set out above, it will give you a reason for the refusal or consider whether the use of mutually agreed intermediaries will allow sufficient access to meet the needs of both parties. If you are unhappy with the decision you can take the matter further by contacting the Privacy Officer.
The Group will take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date. These steps include updating your Personal Information when the Group is advised by you that your Personal Information has changed and at other times as are necessary. If the Personal Information the Group holds about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will correct your Personal Information to ensure that your personal information is correct within a reasonable time. To correct or update your Personal Information you can contact the Group via the options in section 8.
6. Resolving Privacy Issues or Concerns
7. Disclosing Personal Information to Overseas Recipients
As the Group's insurance underwriter, Pacific International Insurance Pty Limited (PIIPL) also has operations in New Zealand, your Personal Information may be disclosed and held there. PIIPL may also be required to disclose your personal information to its international reinsurers as part of providing your service. The Group will not disclose your Personal Information to any other foreign entity that is not subject to a comparable information privacy scheme, except with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
If personal information is transferred to countries outside Australia that do not have legislation similar to the Privacy Act, we will take steps to ensure that adequate measures are taken by our clients to protect the personal information before it is transferred.
8. Privacy Officer and Contact Details
The Group's office and Privacy Officer can be contact via the below options:
Address: Locked Bag 3, Cardiff NSW 2285
Telephone: 1300 309 169
Fax: 02 4954 3660